Visit the UNESCO city of Berat, or as we like to call it, "City of 1000 windows", Amazing architectures of the Mangalemi and Gorica districts paved with cobble stones, and houses that start narrow at the bottom and wide on top, surrounded by multiple windows. Above the city on a hilltop Berat Castle is a spectacular monument of history and culture where local residents still live inside. After the visits you'll have the option to stimulate your taste buds with a traditional slow cooked lunch and visit one of the most famous Vineyards in Albania.
Explore the city castle that seats on a hilltop looking down to Osumi river and new (communist era buildings) Berat.
Visit the castle churches with painted walls by one of the most famous ikon painters of the time Onufri.
Visit a Berat traditional house (Ethnographic museum),
Visit the old Islamic Center, Bachelors mosque where youth used to hand out, the newly restored Kings mosque where the elite would reside and the Helvetis Teche.
5 *Optional Vineyard Experience
Çobo Cantina. ferments indigenous grapes like Shesh and Debine, and serves its variants accompanied with small meze.
Berat, is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008, It has a unique style of architecture with influences from several civilizations that have managed to coexist for centuries throughout the history. Berat comprises an old fortified city filled with churches and mosques painted with grandiose wealth of visible murals and frescos.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry fees in Berat Castle
- Entry fees in Onufri Museum of Ikons
- Guide and Driver
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Guests must provide pick up location or correct address If not able to provide an address must contact Albanian Eagle Tours to arrange pick up before departure
- Pick up locations anywhere in Tirana, Durres, Elbasan and Tirana International Airport.
- Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate