Wine Tour, Nurellari Cantina & Berat Castle, with Car & Driver included.
Take advantage of this wine tasting tour with a dedicated driver. Explore Albanian culture by visiting the 2400 year old Berat Castle, and stimulate your tastebuds with fine wine from Nurellari Cantina, made with rare indigenous grapes. (Alcohol tolerance while driving in Albania is 0%).
A journey through time and culture. Berat Castle is a refortified 13th-century fortress, built on 2400 year old walls, overlooking the city of Berat, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Inside the castle, you can explore many Byzantine churches and Ottoman mosques, as well as the Onufri Museum, which displays the works of the famous Albanian icon painter Onufri. Small restaurants built in traditional stone houses will give you a chance to enjoy the traditional cuisine and hospitality of the local families who live within the castle walls. Berat Castle is a place where history, art, and culture come alive. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit one of the best-preserved castles in Albania
Kantina Nurellari is a family-owned winery in Fushe-Peshtan, a small village near UNESCO city of Berat, Albania. It produces high-quality wines from authentic grapes grown in the fertile plain between the Osum river and Mount Tomorr. The winery has a history of wine-making since 1995, and has modern facilities mixed with traditional architecture. The winery also offers a guesthouse with six rooms and a restaurant where dishes are made with fresh and organic ingredients from the local farmers, that serves traditional food. Cantina Nurellari is a place where you can enjoy the taste of Albanian wine culture and the beauty of nature
- Visit of UNESCO City of Berat and Berat Castle
- 1 Wine Tasting per person, mix of wines with small appetizer)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver (No Guide)
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Tirana or Durres (Extra charge for other locations)
- All Taxes
- Additional Meals or Drinks
- Entry fees in Berat Castle, estimated 4 euro per person
- Entry fees in Onufri Museum of Ikons, estimated 4 euro per person
- Hotel pickup is offered.
- 8-10 hours
- Tirana - Nurellario Winery - Berat City - Tirana, 230km / 145 miles
- Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate