Karavasta Lagoon Tour & Albanica Cantina Wine Tasting, with Car & Driver included.
Tour with a dedicated driver to Karavasta Lagoon, and Albanica Vineyard. Take a boat ride, climb the watch tower, visit the Natural museum, butterfly collection, and close the day on a beautiful setting on the hills of Ardenica to experience the flavors of traditional wines at Albanica Winery. (Alcohol tolerance while driving in Albania is 0%).
This is a typical itinerary for this tour
Stop At: Divjake, Karavasta Lagoon
Imagine a place where nature and culture meet in harmony. A place where you can admire the diversity of birds, fish, and plants. A place where you can taste the freshness of the sea and the land. Welcome to Karavasta Lagoon, the largest and most beautiful lagoon in Albania.
Karavasta Lagoon is home to the curly (Dalmatian) pelican, an endangered species that nests here. You can also see flamingos, herons, egrets, and many other water birds that live in this wetland. The lagoon is rich in fish, such as mullets and eels, that are caught by local fishermen using traditional methods. You can enjoy these local delicacies at the nearby restaurants, along with other dishes made with organic products from the local town of Divjake.
You can visit the museum of nature and learn more about the park's ecosystem and biodiversity. You can also climb the 360-degree tower and admire the panoramic view of the lagoon, the forest, and the sea. And you can hike in the pine forest to fill your lungs with rich oxygen.
Don't miss this opportunity to visit one of the best-preserved wetlands in the Mediterranean.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ardenica Monastery, Ardenice Albania
Visit to Ardenica 700 years old Orthodox Monastery. Inside you'll find a beautiful church with original frescos and a magnificent iconostasis carved of wood that seats in front of the church hall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Albanica Winery is a family business that produces organic wine from organic grapes, olive oil, fruits, and vegetables. The vineyard is positioned on a hillside, facing west towards the Mediterranean sea with beautiful sunsets. It was founded by the Prifti family, who have a long tradition of winemaking in the region. Near the vineyard is the 13th century Monastery of Ardenica, a historical and cultural site. Albanica Winery uses native Albanian grapes, such as Puls, Shesh i Zi, and Kashmer, and collaborates with a German winemaker, to create premium wines that combine tradition and innovation.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Start time: 09:00 AM
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Driver (No Guide)
- 1 Wine tasting per person at Albanica Winery with mixed appetizers (meze)
- Entry fees - Ardenica Monastery
- Fuel and Fuel Srucharges
- All Taxes
- No extra meals or Drinks
- Boat ride tickets at Karavasta Lagoon (about 15 euro per boat up to 5 people)
- Entry tickets at 360 Tower (estimated 2 euro per 1 person)
- Entry ticket at butterfly collection exposition (estimates 2 euro per 1 person)
- Traveler pickup in Tirana Region is offered for free. (Other locations have a variable fee)
- Correct address or location must be provided for pick If unable to provide a pick up location contact tour provider before arrival to arrange.
- Hotel pickup is offered.
- 8–10 hours
Distance: Tirana - Karavasta Lagoon - Ardenica - Tirana 230 kilometers / 144 miles
- Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate