Tirana City Tour & Albanica Cantina Wine Tasting, with Car & Driver/Guide included.
Tour with a dedicated driver/guide. Touch the highlights of Albania's history with a walking tour of Tirana, and take a ride to a beautiful setting on the hills of Ardenica to experience the flavors of traditional wines at Albanica Winery. (Alcohol tolerance while driving in Albania is 0%).
This is a typical itinerary for this tour
Stop At: Tirana, Tirana, Tirana County
Panoramic tour of Tirana. Start from Skanderbeg Square with a 360 view of the main cultural buildings. National museum of History, Opera House, Ethem Bay Mosque, National Bank, and Government ministries offices. Read the plaques on the pavement that come from every Albanian corner, as well the tree line that surrounds the square which also tells a story of Union. Continue walking through the Heroes Boulevard up to Mother Teresa square, and don't miss visiting the Youth park, Art Exhibition Center. Before leaving Tirana, make time to visit BunkArt bunker museum, (Entry fees not included for BunkArt) built to shelter the communist elite in times of war. Its an amazing experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ardenica Monastery, Ardenice Albania
Visit to Ardenica 700 years old Orthodox Monastery. Inside you'll find a beautiful church with original frescos and a magnificent iconostasis carved of wood that seats in front of the church hall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Albanica Winery is a family business that produces organic wine from organic grapes, olive oil, fruits, and vegetables. The vineyard is positioned on a hillside, facing west towards the Mediterranean sea with beautiful sunsets. It was founded by the Prifti family, who have a long tradition of winemaking in the region. Near the vineyard is the 13th century Monastery of Ardenica, a historical and cultural site. Albanica Winery uses native Albanian grapes, such as Puls, Shesh i Zi, and Kashmer, and collaborates with a German winemaker, to create premium wines that combine tradition and innovation.
Start time: 09:00 AM
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Guide/Driver
- 1 Wine tasting per person at Albanica Winery with mixed appetizers (meze)
- Entry fees - Ardenica Monastery
- Fuel and Fuel Srucharges
- All Taxes
- No extra meals or Drinks
- Entry fees in BunkArt2 museum (estimated 7 euro per person)
- Traveler pickup in Tirana Region is offered for free. (Other locations have a variable fee)
- Correct address or location must be provided for pick If unable to provide a pick up location contact tour provider before arrival to arrange.
- Hotel pickup is offered.
- 8–10 hours
- Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate